Monday, January 21, 2008

Shitty First Drafts

My writing process is different. I am not a big fan of First Drafts I am the person who just wants to get it done really and just writes and writes till the paper is done. I then check it for spelling and sentence structure and paragraphs etc... I tend not to like the long drawn out revision process of writing. I don’t do the second draft part of the writing process she describes I just skip to the third part of the process. I would however say that my writing is long drawn out and sloppy. I can usually get a decent paper out in a short time but sometimes I just get writers block. I can get it all on paper but I am not very good at organizing my thoughts or revising my papers. I tend to just put it how it is and that is it. I think the revision process is long and tedious and kind or boring. I consider myself a good writer. I just have trouble making it a great writing. I think I will try the method to begin that she describes in the last paragraph of her essay. I will just silence everything a put it in jars and start my writing from there. I think this technique will help me a lot in the future if not I will just start where I usually do just throw it out there and go for it.

1 comment:

Miss Villegas said...

Good reflection. Hopefully this semester you will learn the tools to turn your 'good' writing into 'great' writing.